freetds - [freetds] Simple queries failing

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: kentozier AT comcast.net
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Simple queries failing
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:56:36 +0000

Hi

I developed an application with MySQL and am now in the process of
translating the queries to work with MSSQL but am having a terrible time
trying to get even the simplest queries to work with freetds. For example,
the following query works in MySQL (and even works with MSSQL if I use Aqua
Data Studio) but fails when run through freetds

select id, site_name from site order by site_name asc

My freetds.conf setting for the target database is

[MyDatabase]
host = myhost.com
port = 1433
tds version = 8.0

Are there some environment variables that would block such simple queries
from working in freetds?

  • [freetds] Simple queries failing, kentozier, 08/31/2006