freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS + QT + MSSQL

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Haraldur Sæmundsson <haraldurs AT tern.is>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS + QT + MSSQL
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:53:48 -0000

Dear Member!

Do you know if anybody have successfully implemented/connected
FreeTDS ODBC driver and QT (fom Trolltech) to access the MS SQL 2000 server?

I have set up on my computer the freeTDS ODBC driver using the config :

[DB_DIVOS_STATISTIK]
Driver = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Description = Divos recorder
Server = terndivos
Port = 1433
TDS_Version = 8.0
Database = DB_DIVOS_STATISTIK
Trace = No

Using the QODBC3 driver in QT I'm able to connect to the database but not
getting any content when quering with "select * from T_CALLS".

If I use the DataManager program that follows the unixODBC packet I'm able
to connect to the database and get tables and get content.

I'm so close getting this to work but need the last part to fall into the
place.
Do you have any idé what could be wrong?

The MS SQL is running on a windows server 2003 machine.
And I'm running the client program on: Centos with KDE 3.3.1 and linux
2.6.9-22.EL and QT 3.3.4

Best regards,
Haraldur Sæmundsson
Software Engineer
Tern Systems Inc - Flugkerfi hf
Hlidasmari 10
IS-202 Kopavogur, Iceland
p.o. box 234
Tel: +354 525 0509
Fax: +354 525 0501
E-mail: haraldurs AT tern.is

  • [freetds] FreeTDS + QT + MSSQL, Haraldur Sæmundsson, 08/09/2006