freetds - Re: [freetds] There was a problem connecting to the server onFreeTDS.64

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Matt Kurtis <mkurtis1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] There was a problem connecting to the server onFreeTDS.64
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 11:44:56 -0700 (PDT)

I think that MSDE must be installed wrong then. It says it is running, I
have an SQL icon in my system tray that says "Running - \\2800PLUS
MSSQLServer", but I don't have srvnetcn.exe so I can't configure TCP
connections. I am using the MSDE file from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=413744D1-A0BC-479F-BAFA-E4B278EB9147&displaylang=en#filelist
and I installed it from the command line with a SAPWD, but it doesn't say
anything like "installed completed", it just finishes and when I reboot I
have the SQL Server icon in my system tray.

Thanks