freetds - [freetds] DBCOUNT returns -1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: chiang.tan AT truenergy.com.au
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] DBCOUNT returns -1
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:52:03 +1000

Hi,
I'm using Sybperl (via freeTDS 0.63) to connect to MSSQL 2000.

$sql = "delete db2..tmp_table from db2..tmp_table a,
db1..final_table b
where a.key1 = b.key1
and a.key2 = b.key2
and a.key3 = b.key3";
$syb_logon->dbcmd( $sql );
$syb_logon->dbsqlexec;
$del_cnt = $syb_logon->DBCOUNT;
print STDERR "Excluding $del_cnt rows already in production
dataset\n";

$sql = "insert into db1..final_table select * from
db2..tmp_table";
$syb_logon->dbcmd( $sql );
$syb_logon->dbsqlexec;
$ins_cnt = $syb_logon->DBCOUNT;
print STDERR "Inserted $ins_cnt new rows into production
dataset\n";

When I run the perl script, I got the following error
Excluding -1 rows already in production dataset
DB-Library error:
Attempt to initiate a new SQL Server operation with
results pending.
Operating-system error:
OpenClient
Inserted -1 new rows into production dataset

When I look at the tables.
The deletion from the 1st sql was successful, but the insert sql
was not.
DBCOUNT returns -1 for both sql

How can I get DBCOUNT to return the correct number of rows
deleted/inserted?
How can I remove DB-Library error, so that insert can statement can run
properly?

Cheers,
Chiang Tan
--
We're excited by gas & electricity.NOTICEThis email and any files transmitted
with it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any confidentiality is not
waived or lost because this email has been sent to you by mistake. This email
may contain personal information of individuals, and be subject to
Commonwealth and/or State privacy laws in Australia.This email is also
subject to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
read, print, store, copy, forward or use this email for any reason, in
accordance with privacy and copyright laws. If you have received this email
in error, please notify the sender by return email, and delete this email
from your inbox.The recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. We do not accept liability for any computer virus,
data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorized access or unauthorised
amendment.TRUenergy Austra
lia Pty Ltd ABN 96 071 611 017

Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content
filtering.
http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg

  • [freetds] DBCOUNT returns -1, chiang . tan, 07/23/2006