freetds - Re: [freetds] [Store Procedure Names] roll-over problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [Store Procedure Names] roll-over problem
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:35:33 +0200

> Hi,
>
> I am running into the case where the connections starts to create
> duplicate store procedure names. This happens when we roll
> over in method
> tds_get_dynid() in query.c. Please check out this line, which
> causes the
> roll-over:
>
> inc_num = (inc_num + 1) & 0xffff
>
> I am researching different random string/character generators and was
> wondering whether somebody has already a better generator/solution
> available.
>
> A workaround could be to free a statements at the time of
> roll-over, but
> this may be time consuming and not be in synch with the application.
>
> I appreciate any suggestions.
> Thanks!
> Wolfgang

Well, there is a lot of methods... but... which library are you using?
dblib, ctlib or odbc?
You shouldn't have much active procedure and there is a list of used
procedure so you can check that the number is not in the list...

freddy77

  • Re: [freetds] [Store Procedure Names] roll-over problem, ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT, 07/14/2006