freetds - Re: [freetds] SQLPrepare() can't arrange errorinfomationwhenDBshutdown occured after SQLConnect()

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQLPrepare() can't arrange errorinfomationwhenDBshutdown occured after SQLConnect()
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 13:35:22 +0200

> It seems that the problem is fixed in "current" version of freetds.
> Can I know when the fix will be merged into "stable" version ?

Yes, problem is "fixed" in CVS HEAD.
The fix consist in two change:
- assure the a message is always set for SQL_ERROR. I just committed it.
This is clean and I didn't find any any problem to backport it. In this
situation the result is an "Unknown error" instead of a disconnect...
- set current_statement before sending any possible data to server...
this implemented in a nasty way... I'm not happy with current
implementation (it introduce too problems than what it resolve). I think
that some sort of syncronization is required. I think it would be
perfect to have the syncronization at libTDS level but I cannot change
that much at this level in stable version. So this patch is far from
backport...

freddy77

  • Re: [freetds] SQLPrepare() can't arrange errorinfomationwhenDBshutdown occured after SQLConnect(), ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT, 07/03/2006