freetds - Re: [freetds] SP parameters

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SP parameters
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:12:10 +0200

> I think that the trouble is in load NULL parameter values
> with dbrpcparam, i dont know when pass 0 or -1 in datalen and
> maxlen parameters. Why it works fine on a 0.62.4 version of
> freetds and wont work on a 0.63 version?.

Many things are changed since 0.62... one I remember is parameters
checking for dbrpcparam. Former version do very few checks.

> What means "query.c:1058: tds_put_data: Assertion
> `curcol->column_varint_size' failed.Aborted". Im working with
> 6 parameters

With you code and current 0.63 dbrpcparam just fails, fixing parameters
dbrpcsend work correctly. I think you are using an unpatched version.

> op=0 SYBINT, maxle=datalen=-1

yes

> cardnum="xxxxxxxxxxxx" SYBCHAR

maxlen = -1, datalen = strlen(cardnum)

> aninum="xxxxxxxxxxx" SYBCHAR

similar

> estado=0 SYBINT as RETURN PARAMETER

maxlen = -1, datalen = -1

> saldo= ? SYBMONEY as RETURN PARAMETER

here I would use null so

maxlen = -1, datalen = 0

> cliente=0 SYBINT as RETURN PARAMETER

maxlen = -1, datalen = -1

> I dont understand how load it with DBRPCPARAM.

Is not easy indeed, specification from Sybase and Microsoft differs a
bit... we tried to make all happy :)