freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.64RC2 src/odbc/unittests/raiserror failure with unixODBC 2.2.11

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: entropy AT freetds.org
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.64RC2 src/odbc/unittests/raiserror failure with unixODBC 2.2.11
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:53:30 -0400

Frediano Ziglio wrote:

I use this line to configure my tests

LDFLAGS='-lgcov' CFLAGS='-O0 -pipe -g -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage' sh
autogen.sh --enable-extra-checks --prefix=$HOME/install --with-odbc-nodm=/usr
--with-gnutls

in other words... no DM at all... if you think is stupid to always
suggest DM and do not use it I have to say that is a nightmare to make
all DMs happy so many time ago I decided to get rid of all these
problems and do not use for tests...

Thanks, the test succeeds after I rebuilt with no DM.

Now that I know how to make the unit test pass, I also need messages/errors handled properly in my production environment. I'm running with FreeTDS 0.64RC2 and unixODBC 2.2.11 right now, and there are some message/error oddities I've had to work around.

Should I try a different DM or a different version of unixODBC, which works better with FreeTDS? If so, which one?

Alternatively, how can I configure DBD::ODBC to link directly to FreeTDS's ODBC module, if that's possible? I don't really need a DM in this environment since I'm not using any other ODBC drivers besides FreeTDS right now.

--
Cheers,
entropy