freetds - [freetds] vservers and freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Gustavo A. Gonzalez" <ggonzalez AT telviso.com.ar>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] vservers and freetds
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 16:35:49 -0300

In that schema:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| ( STATIC IP
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) ( Private IP 192.168.1.x )

MSSQL <-----------------> | eth0 HOST SYSTEM
<------------------------>dummyX VIRTUAL HOST running FREETDS |

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

LINUX BOX kernel 2.6

Has anyone implemented freetds on linux virtual servers running on a debian
linux box with kernel 2.6? Iam working with this features, i have installed
all vservers in a "virtual lan" inside of a host system and freetds installed
and running on a virtual server not in host system, well when my freetds
application run it stops when i call a dbsqlok function from dblib, how i use
iptables in this case to get packets from ms sqlserver? in this case i think
that the host system dont retrieve data for my Virtual Host, i search for
ideas of how configure my host system to retrieve data. Freetds are listen in
a port for data incoming from outside?....thanks...i wait for ideas.

G.