freetds - [freetds] freetds on cygwin

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: sira <siiraa AT umich.edu>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] freetds on cygwin
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 22:11:37 -0500

Hi,

I've successfully installed freetds 0.63 on Cygwin (the tsql works so i guess i have freetds configured right).

However i'm trying to use DBD::Sybase module with freetds and I have the following error when i run my test perl script to test the connection:

$ ./testsybase.pl
src/tds/login.c: tds_connect: 192.168.1.65:4000: Connection refused
DBI connect('server=DB3','sira',...) failed: OpenClient message: LAYER = (0) ORI
GIN = (0) SEVERITY = (78) NUMBER = (41)
Server DB3, database
Message String: Server is unavailable or does not exist.

I've double checked that my server address is correct.

I also suspect that this might be a firewall issue. could this be the case?
and I have consulted perl mailing list but they also suggested asking this question in freetds list.

Any thought?

Thank you very much,
Sira