freetds - [freetds] Installation issues on Solaris 2.9

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Yonatan Abrego" <yonatan.abrego AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Installation issues on Solaris 2.9
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:43:57 -0600

Im having problems installing FreeTds versions .63 and .62 on a Solaris 9
server with 64bits
Now what makes this strange is that, i already installed this application on
a HPUX and another Solaris 2.9, the difference is that these two are from
32bits and the server im having problems is of 64bits.

Now i've done the same i did before, and also tried many variations, on
those included all the intended solutions i could find on the posts
...yet i keep having an error very similar to what was posted before

Now im begining to question the solaris itself, since i couldnt install
libiconv, or gnu's make 3.0.8.

They all have similar problems, i can run ./configure with no problems, but
when i make, i keep getting these errors
command failed for target 'libreplacements.la'
/webws/bin/FreeTds/src/replacements
Command failed for target 'all-recursive'
/webws/bin/FreeTds/src/replacements

...and the errors i get from libiconv and from the make are very similar,
they just change to mem.lo & 'install-recursive' in the case of libiconv and
to 'localcharset.lo' and hash.o in the case of the make.

I hope thats enough information to begin with, if not, please tell me and
ill see what can i provide...

Thanks in advance,
Yonatan Abrego