freetds - Re: [freetds] Illegal Instruction (coredump) when trying connectiontoSQL Server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Dave Varley" <dvarley AT deroyal.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Illegal Instruction (coredump) when trying connectiontoSQL Server
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 07:23:13 -0500

Hi James,

Tried configure --disable-iconv but it still looked for and used iconv,
so I renamed the iconv executable, header file and library then did a
configure. Configure couldn't find iconv and suggested I install
libiconv.

Once make and make install had finished, I get the same illegal
instruction (coredump), but the log is different:

08:38:31.549425 Starting log file for FreeTDS 0.63
on 2006-02-28 08:38:31 with debug level 99.
08:38:31.549705 Using trivial iconv from
iconv.c

It does seem iconv is the problem. I have tried installing libiconv 1.9
and I get the same coredump as soon as I run the iconv executable. Is
there any way to use FreeTDS without calling iconv even the trivial
iconv call from iconv.c?

Dave