freetds - Re: [freetds] parsing T-SQL with flex & yacc (was:segfaultinPerl'sEmail::Store when using freetds)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Зверев Виталий Борисович <VZverev AT genesis.spb.ru>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] parsing T-SQL with flex & yacc (was:segfaultinPerl'sEmail::Store when using freetds)
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:54:41 +0300

Here it is, just after coffein was in
...It would be nice to consider any T-SQL statement in the batch as
context-free (from point of view on placeholder datatype of course) because
it give simplified AST processing.
Initially I doubted about serious limitations in datatype prediction which
related to that consideration.
Using of temporary tables is such example (not unique, obviously).
It's a pity, but not deadly ;)

Sincerely yours.
Vitaly Zverev, OCP DBA 8&8i
Oracle E-Business Suite &