freetds - Re: [freetds] MS SQL Server 2005 and FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Konrad J Hambrick <konrad AT mail2.payplus.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Konrad J. Hambrick" <konrad AT mail2.payplus.com>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] MS SQL Server 2005 and FreeTDS
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:49:06 -0500

Jeff --

I think you need a ; or GO after each statement.

I think the DROP TABLE fails because there are
two pending ROWS from the SELECT statement ...

maybe ?

-- kjh

Jeff Dahl wrote:
Why does this query

CREATE TABLE #data( myID varchar( 25 ))
INSERT into #data select myID from myTable where myID = 'data1'
INSERT into #data select myID from myTable where myID = 'data2'
CREATE index myindex on #data (myID)
SELECT myID
FROM #data, myTable
WHERE ( #data.myID = myTable.myID )
DROP TABLE #data

generate this error:

SQL_STATE: 24000
NATIVE_ERROR: 0
MSG: [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Invalid cursor state
MSG_LEN: 41

I've tried this with both 0.63 and the latest CVS version. Only the CVS
version gives the error. Version 0.63 doesn't return anything.

Thanks,
Jeff Dahl