freetds - Re: [freetds] dblib bcp, t0017 broken

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dblib bcp, t0017 broken
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 13:57:41 -0500

Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> Il giorno ven, 27/01/2006 alle 15.10 -0500, Lowden, James K ha scritto:
> >
> > Output:
> >
> > bcp_exec... DB-LIBRARY error (severity 3, dberr 20070, oserr 0,
> > dberrstr I/O error while reading bcp datafile, oserrstr Undefined
> > error: 0):
> > done
> >

> Mmm... here there should be no error, probably bcp.c detect eof like
> error.

There shouldn't be an error if the eof is normal -- when we're looking for
column 1 data. If we hit eof while reading data in the middle of a row,
it's an error. I haven't looked at t0017.in carefully, but if the file
doesn't match the table, it's quite common to hit eof unexpectedly (even
with the vendors' bcp).

> > Normally I agree. The problem is that unit test errors can be
> > confusing.
>
> This has to to with buffering using setbuf(stdout, NULL); setbuf(stderr,
> NULL) will fix this problem.

OK. I knew it was caused by buffering. We can set stdout to be
unbuffered in the unit tests. That way the errors will show up where they
belong.

> I think is better to release an RC1 with a known problem (native bcp).

Agreed.

Regards,