freetds - Re: [freetds] Querying from multiple threads - SEGMENTATION FAULT

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Wolfgang Gruen <wgruen AT caci.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>, freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Querying from multiple threads - SEGMENTATION FAULT
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:08:49 -0500

I saw problems in converting from NUMBER to char and VARCHAR to integer
and vice versa, but it looks that some developers contributed fixes for
the conversion problems already. Also for some case, the driver could not
handle NULL values properly, but I found a fix in the snap-shot, which I
applied to my copy of the .64 release. I was wondering about unit test for
conversion. In general it looks like the current contributions should
provide a more stable and complete driver.

Wolfgang

"ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
Sent by: freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
01/05/2006 09:51 AM
Please respond to
FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>

"FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [freetds] Querying from multiple threads - SEGMENTATION FAULT

> I had the same problem and got the fix from a snapshot I got last
> December. I could not build the snapshot, because of build errors.
>
> I am wondering, is there a new "Release" in the near future
> and which kind
> of unit testing is performed to call it a release.
>
> I appreciate an answer.
> Thanks
> Wolfgang

There are plenty of unittests and every release have to pass all
unittests (former and new ones). If you want to improve some test have a
look to coverage report (http://freetds.sourceforge.net/coverage/).
Which error did you get ?
I cannot test on every platform but I know it compile on Linux (see
http://freetds.sourceforge.net/out/test/).
For release date I don't know. If I remember there should be only a
stopover for ODBC (as you can see from previous link).