freetds - Re: [freetds] Error when running ./config

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Error when running ./config
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 16:26:06 +0100

> Sorry for the typo - it is ./configure
>
> You were correct - I installed c++ and now everything tests out using
> tsql
>
> New problem - I am not sure I have everything configured
> correctly with
> my odbc.ini as I am not able to see my DSN's from an internal
> application we are using on the Linux box.
>
> Any tips on what I may have missed? I have setup the odbc.ini and
> onbcinst.ini and have registered them using odbcinst. Since I can
> connect using tsql I am pretty sure I have everything with
> FreeTDS setup
> correctly. When I try to connect using isql I get this error:
>
> [IM004][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on
> SQL_HANDLE_HENV failed
> [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
>
> One question I had is the driver file I am using - a lot of
> docs I have
> read mention using libtdsodbc_mssql.so.0 or libtdsodbc.so - I
> can't find
> those in the version I'm using (FreeTDS 0.63). What driver
> file should I
> be using to connect to a MS SQL server?
>
> Thks!

tsql use core library, not ODBC, however is a good idea to test
connection with tsql, now you know you don't have network/firewall
problems. libtdsodbc_mssql.so.0 does not exist, is a name used by some
packager so avoid collision (I found it in Mandriva just yesterday).
ODBC is compiled only if a DM (unixODBC or iODBC) is found with
developing files that is on RH unixODBC and unixODBC-devel package.
Under RH (and many other distros that use rpm) you can build with

rpmbuild -ta freetds-0.63.tar.gz

this will produce rpm packages.