freetds - [freetds] Querying from multiple threads - SEGMENTATION FAULT

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sohaib Rasheed <sohaibrasheed AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Querying from multiple threads - SEGMENTATION FAULT
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:28:49 -0800 (PST)

I am facing a problem using TDS. The problem occurs only when using
multiple threads to access SQL Server 2000. The current scenerio is that
whenever I need to query database in a thread, the thread opens the db
(dbopen), executes the query, checks the results etc and in the end closes
the db connection (dbclose). The problem arrises when while a thread is
processing the results, the other thread calls dbopen to open a connection
with same LOGINREC. Sometimes it even occurs in other states as well and
results in segmenation fault. I used another approach to solve this problem
and that was to create a connection pool and give a free connection to a
thread and calling dbcancel before binding parameters and executing the
query. Everything worked fine until a special case arrived. If I bind a
varchar parameter will NULL value (NULL acceptable in SP) and specify
maximum length = -1 and Length = -1. the bind function fails but now even
the valid q uries which were running
fine wont run on the same DBPROCESS. I cannot call dbclose and then dbopen
again bcuz of the reason mentioned above. Can anybody help me on this? And
can anybody tell me why this happens and how can I avoid it? If I check for
the values of length and max length while binding the parameter myself then
can anybody provide me with the list that can cause the same problem?

Yahoo! Shopping

  • [freetds] Querying from multiple threads - SEGMENTATION FAULT, Sohaib Rasheed, 12/30/2005