freetds - [freetds] unixODBC -- IP address pointer is null

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "LeBlanc, Alain" <Alain_LeBlanc AT URMC.Rochester.edu>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] unixODBC -- IP address pointer is null
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:51:31 -0500

Hi,

I installed unixODBC and FreeTds on 5 mostly identical Solaris servers. It
works perfectly on 4 of them, but on the 5th I get the message

IP address pointer is NULL
Server SYBASE_SERVERNAME not found

I followed the same installation procedure on every server: install unixODBC
in /opt/unixODBC; then compile freetds with --with-unixodbc=/opt/unixODBC

I know that the odbc.ini file is right since I used the same one on every
server. I realize it's not much to go on, but does anyone have any idea of
what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Alain

  • [freetds] unixODBC -- IP address pointer is null, LeBlanc, Alain, 12/05/2005