freetds - [freetds] Visualisation problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Carlo Andreoli" <vespito AT vespito.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Visualisation problem
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 23:03:14 +0100

I have freetds installed in FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE.
I connect to it from Windows, using Putty or Teraterm.
Then I connect to an SQL Server:

/usr/local/bin/odbctest "DSN=bla;UID=blabla;PWD=blabla"
iODBC Demonstration program
This program shows an interactive SQL processor
Driver: 0.63

SQL>

The problem I have is that I can't see smalldatetime columns. For instance, in table autor, columns dal and al are smalldatetime. I go:

SQL>select id, dal, al from autor where id=439425;

id |
-----++
43942||

result set 1 returned 1 rows.

Please note also that id is showed with a missing character. I have to make the column name longer to get it fully:

SQL>select id as idutente, dal, al from autor where id=439425;

idutente|
439425 ||

result set 1 returned 1 rows.

Is it an easy one?
Thank you in advance for your attention. Regards;

Carlo.

  • [freetds] Visualisation problem, Carlo Andreoli, 12/01/2005