freetds - [freetds] Connection life

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "martin A." <acevedoma AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Connection life
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 00:03:00 +0000

Hello, I have a question about connection and disconnection. How can I detect if a network connection is dead using db-lib? I have seen that there is a function called dbdead, but this function does not check if the network socket is alive ( I use MS Sql Server), it never connects to the server... I need this because I have a connection pooling and I havte to detect connections dead to reconnect if it is needed, I keep the connection without calling a dbclose for a long time. But if the dbdead does not check the socket the result of calling dbdead is not reliable.
How can I solve this problem?

Thanks...