freetds - Re: [freetds] can FreeTDS be use for MS Access?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bing Du" <bdu AT iastate.edu>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] can FreeTDS be use for MS Access?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:30:48 -0600 (CST)

> There are several products (DataDirect SequeLink, Easysoft ODBC-ODBC
> Bridge)
> where tcp servers run on Windows and make MS ODBC available on UNIX tcp
> ODBC
> clients. Also, ODBC-JDBC gateways like from Easysoft might do this if
> there
> is a JDBC solution. It's a Google world, if just you can imagine what to
> search for:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=MS+Access+JDBC+UNIX

Thanks all who replied. We'd consider open source first thing first.
I've tested Easysoft OOB/unixODBC, but Easysoft is commercial.
DataDirect's solution is also commercial. DBMTools is command line based
and good for transfering data from Access to other real databases. But we
need to extract data directly from Access in PHP or Perl on Linux Apache
web server.

Anyway, now that FreeTDS has nothing to do with Access, keep this thread
going is more off topic. I've posted my question to the
comp.database.ms-access newsgroup. Thanks for all the help.

Bing