freetds - Re: [freetds] Squirrel JDBC-ODBC Bridge and freeTDS ODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Зверев Виталий Борисович <VZverev AT genesis.spb.ru>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Squirrel JDBC-ODBC Bridge and freeTDS ODBC
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 15:31:21 +0300

Hi David,
Your explanations look like a standard ODBC puzzle.

> I am running SQuirreL SQL as a standalone JAVA app on Solaris
> 2.8 to test freeTDS, which I build from stable source using

I have the same SPARC Solaris 8 configuration as you described but sp_help,
sp_tables work properly in isql.
Before doing something weird with SQuirrelL via Jdbc-Odbc bridge you should
try:
1) tsql (native freetds tool)
bash-2.03# tsql -C
locale is
"/ru_RU.ISO8859-5/ru_RU.ISO8859-5/ru_RU.ISO8859-5/ru_RU.ISO8859-5/ru_RU.ISO8859-5/C"
locale charset is "ISO8859-5"
Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script):
Version: freetds v0.63.dev.20040213
MS db-lib source compatibility: no
Sybase binary compatibility: unknown
Thread safety: no
iconv library: yes
TDS version: 8.0
iODBC: no
unixodbc: yes
2) isql
isql --version
unixODBC 2.2.7

After all, SQuirrelL has a nice JDBC debug options (file->global
preferences->sql page).
Hope this help to figure out problem's cornerstone.

Sincerely yours.
Vitaly Zverev, OCP DBA 8&8i
Oracle E-Business Suite &
Infiniband Linux Cluster Administrator