freetds - [freetds] sqlanywhere: There was a problem connecting to the server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Stephan Herschel" <Stephan.Herschel AT biovertis.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] sqlanywhere: There was a problem connecting to the server
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:42:37 +0200

Hello,

I've got problem to set up a connection between a sqlanywhere database (7.0).
I've made the necessary entries in freetds.conf and odbc.ini. They look like
this:

freetds.conf:
[s1]
host = instr
port = 2638
tds version = 5.0

odbc.ini:
[s1]
Driver = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Description = Sybase Server
Trace = No
Servername = inst
Database = db1
Port = 2638
TDS_Version = 5.0

Now, when I try to connect with tsql, it does not seem to work:
sdba@w02:~> tsql -S instr -H db1 -p 2638 -U dba
locale is "C"
locale charset is "ANSI_X3.4-1968"
Password:
There was a problem connecting to the server

Unforunately like this I can't much figure out, what the problem is. tsql
does not tell me, what's happening, what the problem is. Or is there a way?

Thanks,
Stephan

  • [freetds] sqlanywhere: There was a problem connecting to the server, Stephan Herschel, 10/25/2005