freetds - Re: [freetds] Fw: AIX. 5.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Evan Rempel <erempel AT uvic.ca>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Fw: AIX. 5.2
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:54:41 -0700 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, David Venus wrote:

Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:36:16 -0400
From: David Venus <DVenus AT bi-lo.com>
To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [freetds] Fw: AIX. 5.2

HI!

I tried that and am still having problems. Where does libtool (the new gnu
one) need to be located?

Also seem to get some libraries built as static and some as shared......?
In particular the items in src/replacements.

Libtool needs to be built with..

LDFLAGS=-Wl,-brtl ./configure

Then freeTDS can be built with

LDFLAGS=-Wl,-brtl ./configure --with-unixodbc=/usr/local --enable-shared

I also get this error when running configure:

checking netinet/in.h usability... yes
checking netinet/in.h presence... yes
checking for netinet/in.h... yes
checking netinet/tcp.h usability... no
checking netinet/tcp.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: netinet/tcp.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: netinet/tcp.h: check for missing prerequisite
headers?
configure: WARNING: netinet/tcp.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
result
configure: WARNING: ## ------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING: ## Report this to bug-autoconf AT gnu.org. ##
checking for netinet/tcp.h... yes
checking langinfo.h usability... yes
checking langinfo.h presence... yes
checking for langinfo.h... yes
checking paths.h usability... yes
checking paths.h presence... yes

This can safely be ignored (seems odd I know).

I also have a patch provided by the authors of FreeTDS that I think is already in the distribution, however, it was not a compilation problem that the patch resolved.

Ean.