freetds - Re: [freetds] freetds-63 for AIX 5.1 : Undefined symbol: .tdsdump_open

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dave Venus <dvenus AT bi-lo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freetds-63 for AIX 5.1 : Undefined symbol: .tdsdump_open
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:02:38 +0000 (UTC)

Martin Spott <Martin.Spott <at> mgras.net> writes:

> Well, this is a known 'feature' on AIX. You have to manually add
> several libraries to the linker by hand. In order to ease the use of
> FreeTDS on AIX I made my simple binary 'distribution' open to the
> public:
>
> ftp://ftp.ihg.uni-duisburg.de/Databases/Sybase/FreeTDS/FreeTDS-0.63-
AIX.tar.bz2

> Martin.

Can you please post or send me the updated Makefile so that .tdsdump_open is
resolved? I have tried using your binaries and am getting the following error:

b0mauw1s1p4:rcat1:oracle:bin> isql
Could not load program isql:
Dependent module /usr/local/lib/libreadline.a(libreadline.so.4) could
no
t be loaded.
Member libreadline.so.4 is not found in archive

I have installed a binary version of libreadline from the GNU site.

Thanks! Dave Venus