freetds - Re: [freetds] php and freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: martin <martin AT allbsd.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] php and freetds
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:56:32 -0700

you should check the port ranges on your servers to make sure there is enough available for the connections from the apache servers to db server.

Erez Epstein wrote:
I'm running a site balanced between 5 apache servers running on FC3,
apache 2.0.53,php 4.3.4,freetds 0.63.

I have this strange problem that sometimes, not even times of load, the
connections table at the sql server gets to a very high value (about
1000) my average is below 200.

I don't know how to solve this, but I know that if I restart the
process of all my apache servers, everything turns ok,

This happens at random times, sometimes 2 times a day, and sometimes
even 10.

Do you know what might be the problem?

Thanks In Advance.

Erez