freetds - [freetds] Connection Pool - Max number of fields in a select query

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Shaun Craig <s.craig AT andronics.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Connection Pool - Max number of fields in a select query
  • Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 16:29:13 +0100

Hi,

I'm running a multi table select query with 17 fields through my connection pool which works fine, when I try add another few fields to the query the connection pool hangs with message:

No idle members left, increase MAX_POOL_CONN
Not enough free members...placing user in WAIT

The new query with extra fields executes no problem through tsql so I take it some setting somewhere needs to be changed for my connection pool, I've had a look at freetds.conf, pool.conf files but not sure thats what I have to change.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shaun.