freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem with smalldates in SP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Carlo Andreoli" <vespito AT vespito.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem with smalldates in SP
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 03:34:00 +0200

I suspect either the language setting or the default date format is
wrong (where "wrong" means "different from what you expect"). Cf. "SET
DATEFORMAT" and "DBCC USEROPTIONS".

Thank you!
In fact, the problem was the language setting was us_english, so the
dateformat was mdy, the only one I had not tried.
So, I added the line:
Language = Italiano
in my .odbc.ini file.
so my dateformat now is dmy.

It's my fault, because in the "Connection attributes" page of the FreeTDS
User Guide's chapter 4, it's explained that the language default for the
odbc connections is us_english. However, let me say that it's not explained
that this parameter determines also the dateformat setting. In fact, it says
only: "(Human) language the server should use for error messages."

Anyway, remains not clear to me why dateformat yyyy-mm-dd used to work with
us_english language setting, stopped working and now works again.

Thank you for your help!

Carlo.