freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS/ODBC driver on Vax

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bernard Rushton <bernard AT foobar.demon.co.uk>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS/ODBC driver on Vax
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 19:29:53 +0100

Sorry if this has been answered before but I've scoured the web, Usenet archives and the digest archives without finding a categorical answer:

Has anyone successfully build FreeTDS (and preferably the ODBC driver) on Vax/VMS (as opposed to Alpha/VMS)? I'm aware of a floating point problem but it's not clear to me if this relates simply to moving that type of data (I only want to move ASCII) or whether it compromises the whole operation.

I'm trying to get at some SQL Server data from VMS 6.2 and I'm fast running out of options!

All hints/suggestions/pointers gratefully received

Many thanks
Bernard Rushton