freetds - [freetds] Mac OS X 10.4/FreeTDS .63/PHP 4.4.0 Configuration

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dennis Crall <dennis-crall AT uiowa.edu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Mac OS X 10.4/FreeTDS .63/PHP 4.4.0 Configuration
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:31:42 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to build MS SQL support into PHP 4.4.0 on Mac OS X 10.4.2. I'm
about half way there but having trouble pulling it all together. Hopefully
someone here has a similar configuration and can offer advice. I apologize
in advance if this post is too off-topic. I felt I was more likely to find
the correct expertise here than on a PHP list.

Here's the environment I'm hoping to build:

FreeTDS version: .63
Client library: iodbc? -- not sure. This may be my problem.
PHP: 4.4.0
OS: Mac OS X 10.4.2

I have successfully compiled FreeTDS .63. I can connect to my database
server through tsql as outlined in the manual. I used the following call to
configure:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freetds --enable-msdblib

I have also successfully compiled PHP, and a call to phpinfo() shows that
the new version is running. Here was the latest configuration I used:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/php_4_4 --enable-sigchild --enable-sockets
--with-iodbc=/usr --with-mssql=shared,/usr/local/freetds --with-apxs
--with-ldap=/usr --with-kerberos=/usr --enable-cli --with-zlib-dir=/usr
--enable-trans-sid --with-xml --enable-ftp --enable-dbx --with-curl=shared
--with-config-file-path=/etc

However, when I make a call to one of PHP's mssql_ functions, I receive the
following error: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mssql_connect()".
Obviously I'm missing something, but I'm having a hard time identifying what
that something is.

So I guess my questions are:

Is anyone using FreeTDS to support the mssql functionality in PHP on OS X?

Can anyone offer advice on what I'm missing?

Thank you,

Dennis Crall
ITS-Academic Technologies
The University of Iowa