freetds - [freetds] How to use a connection pool frok Perl?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Philip" <philip_38 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] How to use a connection pool frok Perl?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:59:12 -0400

It seems that opening and closing a connection from Perl (using DBD-Sybase)
is too slow when I have several dozens call attempts at the same exact time,
which happens when my application is busy. I wish to be able to open a
connection, and never close it, so when I "close" it or "abandone it", other
caller can reuse the connection and thus the time to do a round-trip to the
database would fall dramatically. Can this be achieved? I only use Perl.
Thanks for your help.