freetds - Re: [freetds] Compile problems

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Compile problems
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 01:22:59 -0400

Maddry, Ted K. wrote:
> I am getting a link error when trying to build freetds and would really
> appreciate some help. I've attached the output of configure on my
> system with the make following it. I'm building code that I downloaded
> on 6/28, freetds-stable.tgz (freetds-0.63) from http://www.freetds.org/.

Heh, trying to build it on Windows, eh? I don't have a patch for you, but
here are two cheap hacks.

1. "touch defncopy.exe" in src/apps. You don't need defncopy to use
FreeTDS, although you might want it.

or

2. Look in src/apps/bsqldb.c for HAVE_BASENAME. There's a basename()
function defined in that application. Copy it and its functional
prototype to defncopy.c. It should link then. [1]

The fix is to migrate basename() to src/replacements. No time for that
tonight. Thanks for the problem report.

--jkl

[1] basename() isn't used for anything terribly important, just to get the
name of the executable for error messages. Unfortunately, it won't work
on Windows; if the program is executed by qualifying the command with a
directory path, the basename() function won't shorten it. But fortunately
that's only a matter of prettiness.

  • Re: [freetds] Compile problems, James K. Lowden, 07/01/2005