freetds - [freetds] multiple query, OTL, array_out

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] multiple query, OTL, array_out
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:28:01 +0200

Today I fixed array_out test on ODBC unittests (see
http://freetds.sourceforge.net/out/test/out.html). This test, with array
test is required for OTL library.
OTL require multiple-row binding (fully supported) and arrays of
parameters. The problem is array test and arrays of parameters. This
would require to bind a single query (like "insert into xxx values(?)"),
bind to multiple parameters and put the query... our driver should just
issue a query like

insert into xxx values(1)
insert into xxx values(2)
insert into xxx values(3)

note that should issue a single query with N insert, not N query.
Currently however libTDS API do not issuing multiple queries... My idea
is to add some API like

tds_submit_init_multiple(TDSSOCKET *, TDSMULTIPLE *, int type);
(where type is TDS_MULTIPLE_LANGUAGE or TDS_MULTIPLE_EXECUTE)
tds_submit_single_query(TDSSOCKET *, TDSMULTIPLE *, const char *query,
TDSPARAMINFO *params);
tds_submit_single_execute(TDSSOCKET *, TDSMULTIPLE *, TDSDYNAMIC *dyn);

tds_submit_done_multiple(TDSSOCKET *, TDSMULTIPLE *);

however I don't like names and prototypes seem too complicated... has
anyone better ideas?

bye
freddy77

  • [freetds] multiple query, OTL, array_out, ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT, 06/27/2005