freetds - Re: [freetds] Unable to connect to data source, SQL state S1000 in SQLConnect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Unable to connect to data source, SQL state S1000 in SQLConnect
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 07:52:27 -0400

Baris Simsek wrote:

> lib paths are correct. i am not sure about port and tds version in
> freetds.conf. Am i in correct way? is there any other way?
> conn.php
> <?php
> $conn = odbc_connect('saster', 'admin', 'opass') or die("connect
> error!"); ?>
> Full error message of this code: *Warning*: odbc_connect(): SQL error:
> [unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source, SQL
> state S1000 in SQLConnect in */usr/local/www/data-dist/odbc/conn.php* on
>
> line *3*
> connect error!

The User Guide is your intended resource. It's fine if you want to take
the Great Leap Forward and see if you can connect with a PHP script right
away, but when (not if) that doesn't work, you need to back up and be more
deliberate.

Check with tsql. Then use isql to verify your odbc.ini.

> [VXM]
> host=192.168.2.41
> port=1433
> tds version=8.0
> client charset = utf-8

This looks right for a default installation of SQL Server 2000, if
locale(1) indicates you're using UTF-8 on the PHP box. If those
assumptions are correct, I would espect tsql to work.

In odbc.ini, I think saster needs its Driver to point to the odbc library.
Cf.http://www.freetds.org/userguide/odbcombo.htm#E.G.SAMPLEODBCCOMBO.

HTH.