freetds - Re: [freetds] OpenBSD, FreeTDS and PHP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: joshua stein <jcs AT jcs.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] OpenBSD, FreeTDS and PHP
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:32:46 -0500

> I have a problem using PHP-4.3.11 with the mssql extension on OpenBSD
> 3.7, running FreeTDS 0.62.4
> All the scripts that worked fine on a Linux server now return errors like:
>
> *Warning*: mssql_connect(): Unable to connect to server: server1 in
> */htdocs/secure/ke/include/db.php* on line *33

openbsd runs apache chrooted by default. if you have not disabled
this, then you will need the necessary files available in
/var/www/etc like freetds.conf, resolv.conf, and services.

> # tsql -S server1 -U user1
> locale is "C"
> using default charset "ISO-8859-1"
> Password:
> src/tds/login.c: tds_connect: 192.168.0.104:1433: Connection refused
> Msg 20009, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
> Server is unavailable or does not exist.
> There was a problem connecting to the server

however, since you're running tsql outside of the chroot and still
getting a connection refused, i would have to guess that there's a
connectivity problem. can you telnet to 192.168.0.104 on port 1433
from that machine?