freetds - RE: [freetds] [ freetds-Patches-1064459 ] new app program - datacopy

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: <brian AT bruns.com>, "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] [ freetds-Patches-1064459 ] new app program - datacopy
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:26:24 +0200

> I know we had a big discussion about the name "dbtablecolinfo" and
> namespace pollution in dblib. What was the resolution on this? I for
> one would prefer to clearly delineate this as a FreeTDS only function.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brian

Not so big... I applied in 0.64 which is not stable so I just added
dbtablecolinfo. Used only by datacopy and not documented, I hope we
decide an ABI before 0.64... Any suggestion? There are many choices
- use dbtablecolinfo
- add a type to dbcolinfo
- add a new DBCOLTDS structure and pass as DBCOL* (using SizeOfStruct to
distinguish from DBCOL and DBCOLTDS)
- other ??
It would also fine to be able to distingue nvarchar from varchar.