freetds - Re: [freetds] OpenSSL support

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Deacon <peterd AT iea-software.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] OpenSSL support
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:46:50 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Wed, 25 May 2005, ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:

I added again OpenSSL support (in CVS HEAD). It can be used for SSL
connection using mssql (instead of GnuTLS but not require any patch).
Pay attention that linking to OpenSSL require you to add a "This product
includes software written by Eric Young (eay AT cryptsoft.com)". See
OpenSSL license for details at
http://www.openssl.org/source/license.html.

Das cool :)

It seems that even OpenSSL has a library leak similar to GnuTLS one so
every time you load/use/unload openssl library a leak occur (the same
happen to all libraries that use openssl).
See http://freetds.sourceforge.net/out/test2/out.html for details.

I think the problem might be with the global data loaded when openssl starts up. You can use ERR_free_strings and EVP_cleanup to axe the global structures at shutdown.

Have Fun!
Peter