freetds - [freetds] Domain Auth to MS SQL - PHP/FreeTDS 0.61

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "MAURICIO, LAURA D. (JSC-SM) (MEI)" <laura.d.mauricio1 AT jsc.nasa.gov>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Domain Auth to MS SQL - PHP/FreeTDS 0.61
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:01:06 -0500

Hello,

I was reading the thread at
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2003q3/013729.html and would like
to know what the outcome was. I'm having the same problem: I can connect via
TSQL but not from php. I used the putenv
("TDSDUMPCONFIG=/tmp/dumpconfig.log"); statement you suggested and the log
file isn't even created after calling the php page. In php page, I get the
error "...SQL error: [iODBC][Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocEnv()
failed..."

Notes:
1. We had to rebuild freeTDS package with option "configure
--disable-libiconv" because it was giving us errors.
2. We don't have the file /usr/lib/libtdsodbc.so; instead we're using
/usr/lib/libtds.so
3. Finally, we rebuilt freeTDS like ./configure --with-iodbc=/usr/local/lib
--disable-libiconv. And there was an error: the file isql.h was not found.

Questions:
1. Do we need to use --with-iodbc=/usr/local/lib? If so, where is the file
isql.h supposed to be? We even copied the file to where it was looking for
it - no luck!
2. In my odbc.ini file (attached), do I need to specify libtdsodbc.so as the
driver instead? If so, why don't we have that file and how to get it?
3. In my test-odbc.php file (attached), do I need to use DSN=dsnname (line
14, 15) in the connection string? If I use that, the error is "Data source
name not found and no default driver specified"

I'd really appreciate any help. I'm very new to Unix

Thanks in advance,

Laura Mauricio