freetds - [freetds] "libtdsodbc.so" vs "libtdsodbc.so.0" ??????

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: David Vaughan <dvaughan AT am-a.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] "libtdsodbc.so" vs "libtdsodbc.so.0" ??????
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:01:44 -0800

What is the difference? I could not find the ".so" for my version of FreeTDS
(installed the freetds-0.62-4-1.i386.rpm), but did find a mandrake rpm that
did not fail the dependancy check (freetds-unixodbc-0.62.4-2mdk.i586.rpm)
but it was the ".so.0" version. It seems to have worked, but some of my SQL
queries fail and others are just fine. These are the same queries we use on
our current webserver box (Mandrake 8) and they all work perfectly fine. We
are in the process of moving our webserver to this new Fedora box.

Any thoughts on why SOME of these queries would fail on the Fedora box
(keeping in mind all these queries work fine on our current webserver)? I
would think it would be an all or nothing thing, especially since I know all
the queries work fine. Would it have anything to do with me using this
".so.0" version? Perhaps it's something in my php.ini (4.3.1 version) file,
but not sure what.

This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s). It may
contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information. If you are not
a designated recipient, you may not review, modify, copy or distribute this
message or its contents. If you receive this message in error, please
notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message.

Thank you.