freetds - RE: [freetds] Field not used in BCP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Field not used in BCP
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 09:15:00 +0100

Il giorno ven, 28-01-2005 alle 16:45 +0000, Thompson, Bill D (London) ha
scritto:
> Freddy,
>
> Not sure if you've found a bug or not.
> The circumstances where this *might* be needed are obscure to say the
> least.
> If it is to be used, it should be stored in bcp_bind(), from the
> prefixlen parameter to that function, but it doesn't appear to be.
>
> It would only be needed as follows - taken from the bcp_bind() manual
> page in sybase:
>
> "prefixlen - The length, in bytes, of any
> length prefix this column may have.
> For example, strings in some non-C programming
> languages are made up of a one-byte length prefix,
> followed by the string data itself.
> If the data does not have a length prefix,
> set prefixlen to 0."
>
> don't remove the code just yet, if you don't mind.
>
> Bill

No, I was only checking the use of new fields in TDSCOLUMN. I added your
comment in tds.h. Do you have any patch for BCP ?? I think it would be
fine to see bcp in libTDS it seems there are a lot of duplication in
src/dblib/bcp.c and src/ctlib/blk.c