freetds - RE: [freetds] Sybase ASA 7, unixODBC problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: lsunley AT mb.sympatico.ca
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Sybase ASA 7, unixODBC problem
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 17:34:29 -0500

In <DD7A861A4B391843998031C3E19578D82418B8 AT MAIL.i-dep.com>, on 11/06/04
at 05:29 PM, "Gene Dymarskiy" <gagarin AT i-dep.com> said:

>I absolutely have to figure it out. I have to be able to connect to ASA
>from PHP on Linux platform. What can I do to help? Should I mobilize
>unixodbc people? Can I use anything other than unixodbc to connect?
>Looks like php sybase works with ASE, not ASA. Are there any other
>freetds ASA ODBC drivers I can use? (forgive me for breach of loyalty)

>Thank you for all the help

I'm coming into this a little late but...

Is the servername supposed to be the resolved host name of the server?

The ODBC code picks up a "server name" that is supposed to be the DNS name
of the server or the host IP address. Should there be something else?

Lorne

lsunley AT mb.sympatico.ca