freetds - [freetds] Sybase ASA 7, unixODBC problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Gene Dymarskiy" <gagarin AT i-dep.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Sybase ASA 7, unixODBC problem
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:20:53 -0600

Hello,

I cannot connect to ASA 7 using FreeTDS 0.62.1 drivers in unixODBC.

I connect fine using tsql utility. However when I use isql to connect I
get the following error:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]ASA Error -75: Request to
start/stop database denied
[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Login incorrect.
[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

~~~~~~~~~~

I saw some posters here were getting this very error but I am not sure
it was resolved.

here the relevant part of odbc.ini file:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Sybase]
Description = Anapol Sybase
Driver = /usr/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Servername = needles
Trace = No
~~~~~~~~~~~~

freetds.conf

~~~~~~~~~~

# Sybase Anywhere 7
[needles]
host = 192.168.1.5
port = 2638
tds version = 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, I can connect w/ tsql but not isql. Also, the problem is specific
to Sybase. My unixODBC connections to MS-SQL work fine

Thank you in advance

gd

......CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE......
The information in this email may be confidential and/or privileged. This
email is intended to be reviewed by only the individual or organization named
above. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative
of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination or copying of this email and its attachments, if any, or the
information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this email
in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and delete
this email from your system. Thank You.