freetds - Re: [freetds] Connection Pooling

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Shaun Craig <s.craig AT andronics.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Connection Pooling
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:28:05 +0100

Hi again,

I downloaded the latest snapshot and installed with my current freetds.conf
and pool.conf, i can now tsql -S mypool -U sa -P ruler ok and can query away
so i was delighted with that!

i moved back into my client program and in dbopen i changed the following,
dbconn = dbopen(login,"mypool"); but it doesnt connect. i now know that the
whole connection pool server process works so it must be in my application
that is causing the problem. i also checked my code and found that the only
way i could connect via dbopen was by including the ip address instead of the
server name, LeocateServer wouldnt connect for me either. i am including
tds.h in my headers so any thoughts?

doesnt work
dbconn = dbopen(login,"LeocateServer"); // LeocateServer the name of my
server in freetds.conf
dbconn = dbopen(login,"mypool"); // mypool the name of pool server in
freetds.conf and pool.conf

does work
dbconn = dbopen(login,"ip address in here"); // ip address is that of
LeocateServer in freetds.conf

thanks again for your help.