freetds - [freetds] win32 freetds compile issues

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Polyanovskyi, Sasha" <sasha.polyanovskyi AT oa.com.au>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] win32 freetds compile issues
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:20:58 +1000

I thought I bring a couple of things to your attention (which may or may not
be considered as issues):

1) typedef unsigned char BOOL; (line 138, include/sybdb.h)

* I believe it conflicts with Visual Studio 6.0 BOOL definition (from
vc98\include\windef.h)
* also it may conflict with client applications that define BOOL (many
of them do this since there is no BOOL type in C)
* commenting this line fixes all the compiler complaints :-)
* maybe a good idea would be to have TDS_BOOL or smth like that, if it
is really needed

2) #define TIME_WITH_SYS_TIME 1 (win32/config.h, line 216)

* this causes Visual Studio 6.0 to search for <sys/time.h> (as opposed
to just <time.h>) which I believe does not exist
* making it 0, fixes the problem

3) #define TDS42 0 (win32/config.h, line 235)

* I have specified TDS50 in the preprocessor definitions and it would
not compile, so it took me some time to realise that TDS42 is actually
defined somewhere by default :-)
* may be a better way would be to remove this alltogether and have TDS
version specified as a preprocessor definition, or have #elif in dblib.c
(line 112 and onwards), or #undef all other TDS versions when one is defined

All this is definitely not critical, but, perhaps, convenient? :-)