freetds - [freetds] RE: Access Sybase by using unixODBC & freetds?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: jun_chen AT bankone.com
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] RE: Access Sybase by using unixODBC & freetds?
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:17:36 -0400

jkl,

I did the following:

export TDSDUMP=/admin/home/oracle/freetds.log
export TDSDUMPCONFIG=/admin/home/oracle/tdsconfig.log
isql -v visdb <username> <password>

and got the log file:

Thanks.

Jun

Jun Chen

Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:30:31 -0400
From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
Subject: RE: [freetds] Access Sybase by using unixODBC & freetds?
To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>

Jun,

Re-reading this thread, it's clear your freetds.conf must be OK, because
you can connect with "tsql -S". Therefore, the problem likely lies with
your odbc.ini.

The odbc.ini section you quoted looks OK to me. Do unixODBC and FreeTDS
use the same PREFIX option (are they installed in the same tree)?

I would set TDSDUMP and TDSDUMPCONFIG, and see if your freetds.conf is
actually being used when you start isql. If the output doesn't make the
problem apparent, post it here.

--jkl

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any
reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission
in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in
its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

  • [freetds] RE: Access Sybase by using unixODBC & freetds?, jun_chen, 09/29/2004