freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS under cygwin - connections 'hang'?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Justin Schoeman <justin AT expertron.co.za>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS under cygwin - connections 'hang'?
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:06:24 +0200

Hi all, I don't know if this is a FreeTDS, or Cygwin problem, but I thought I would try here first (well, the problem does manifest itself in the FreeTDS library ;-) ).

When my application is running, it makes multiple connections to the SQL server, one after the other. If the connections occur at a relatively low rate, then everything works fine, however, if the connection request occur very fast, then the program hangs in dbopen. No network connection request is issued.

Does anybody have any idea what is going on, or where I should start looking for problems?

The same program works perfectly under Linux.

TIA,
-justin