freetds - [freetds] error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Eric <es AT fruitcom.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow.
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:58:41 +0200

We are using freetds to connect to a MSQL database.

When reading certain tables, we have no errors but other tables give
the error:
error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow.
for each line of results.

This does not occur with other drivers that we use on this database.

Could someone please advise possible cause of error and how we might fix it.

The table where we have an error is pretty standard as follows FWIW:

CREATE TABLE Event (
EventTypeKey smallint NOT NULL,
EventKey int IDENTITY,
OrgTainerKey char(6) NULL,
DocumentExternalReference varchar(20) NULL,
DocumentDate smalldatetime NOT NULL,
StartDate smalldatetime NULL,
EndDate smalldatetime NULL,
Narrative varchar(50) NULL,