freetds - Re: [freetds] SQLBindParameter incorrectly binds as varchar

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brad Midgley <bmidgley AT xmission.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQLBindParameter incorrectly binds as varchar
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:35:34 -0600

Frediano

But rather than being bound as an integer, it's bound as a varchar and chokes when the query is executed.

Perhaps openldap bound again this parameter later ?? Can you post
unixODBC log ??

You may be right. Even after reading openldap's back-sql backend it is hard to imagine exactly what is happening.

I didn't know there was something out there to turn on logging. How do I get logging? Do I use an API command to turn it on, recompile freetds with an option, recompile unixodbc with a debug option, or something like that?

It seems that some Sybase prepare stuff require SQLDescribeParam and
related (still not supported).

I haven't heard of this problem.

In the meantime I've changed openldap to insert "convert(integer,?)" wherever it tries to bind an integer parameter. But now I have to use a grossly hacked openldap server to get it all to work.

--
Brad