freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.63 and OpenOffice

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Martin Spott <Martin.Spott AT uni-duisburg.de>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.63 and OpenOffice
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:39:27 +0000 (UTC)

"ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" wrote:

> my .odbc.ini
[...]
> [local]
> Driver =
> /home/freddy/cpp/freetds/freetds63/src/odbc/.libs/libtdsodbc.so
> Description = Test Server
> Trace = Yes
> Database = tempdb
[...]

This is the point: For ODBC access I usually tried a database (B) that's
different from the users default database (A).

As long as I set the user's default database (A) I'm able to see the
tables in OOo's database table browser. If I set a different database
(B) for ODBC - even though I can login to the server with 'sqsh' and
browse the tables with 'sp__helptable' on this different database (B) -
I don't get them listed in OOo .... Oh, no, even more: If I leave that
different database (B) in the ODBC configuration and I change the
default dabase of the user to this different database (B) as well, I
still don't see the tables in OOo's table browser.

The only thing that's currently obvious to me is that I am the owner of
my previous default database (A) and I am not in the new one (B). Aside
from that the previous one (A) was created as a copy of the different
(B).

Can anyone confirm ?

Martin.
P.S.: Yes, I am owner of (A) and user in (B).